Job Title: Development Director
Reports To: President
We are seeking a gifted, experienced, motivated development leader with a strong desire to join a passionate team with a big dream to equip one million leaders in 10,000 companies by 2025.
At Workmatters, our team is being used as change agents for the world, specifically, to help leaders discover and live God’s purpose for their work. What began as a church ministry 14 years ago, and quickly became a stand-alone non-profit organization serving Northwest Arkansas, is now serving leaders across the U.S.
We are growing and we need our development leader to help power that growth. Our team has high aspirations and expectations for our values: faith, passion, relationships, excellence, and relevance. We are seeking a Development Director who has passion for our mission; solid experience that yields wisdom, trustworthiness, and credibility; and can develop strong relationships with donors, prospects, and supporters. A qualified candidate will also possess the following skills and attributes:
- - A strong desire to achieve the financial goals of the organization with excellence.
- - The ability to work with both individual and corporate donors.
- - The ability to work in a highly organized manner to develop and execute strategy.
- - Excellent communication skills with both the spoken and written word when interacting with people internally and externally.
- - The capability to manage both the details and the strategy comfortably.
- - Thrives on being part of a team that deeply values team and strives to serve each other.
A qualified candidate will have a strong reputation for demonstrating these attributes. The ideal candidate will love the work, seeing it as a calling versus a job. This person will enjoy executing the work in an organized manner with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- - Develop and implement a comprehensive annual development plan that supports Workmatters strategy and financial needs. Measurable goals will include major gifts, corporate sponsors, individual gifts, and annual giving program, grants, planned giving, and special events.
- - Develop and nurture personal relationships required to deliver major gifts, corporate sponsors, individual gifts, grants and planned giving.
- - Work with the president (when needed) on Board of Directors and Advisory Board personal and corporate generosity, as well as major gift donors.
- - Manage all donor communication. Ensure processes and systems are in place for timely, accurate, and grateful communications.
- - Work with Director of Marketing and Events to ensure financial viability and sustainability of events.
- - Partner with Marketing Manager to deliver needed donor communications via website, email, social media, brochures, and letters. Reach new audiences and build awareness.
- - Initiate new processes to pursue Grants and Planned giving programs. Create appropriate strategies, targets, begin developing relationships, and execute plans.
- - Manage and leverage donor information and software. Ensure accurate data, reporting and auditing.
- - Seek opportunities to grow professionally, leading to new ideas, techniques and programs that can improve overall financial and relational performance, as well as personal career growth.
- - Be organized, self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- - Have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office tools and donor software.
- - Have exceptional people and communications skills and be highly credible in one-on-one or group environments.
- - Have excellent written and oral communication skills and public speaking abilities. Must be a positive, team-focused leader.
- Workmatters is a non-profit, non-denominational 501(c)3 ministry focused on helping career-minded Christians discover God’s purpose for their work.
- This position is a full-time, salaried position.
- This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
- Performing the duties of this job will require the employee to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bachelors' degree required. Should also have at least five years experience in non-profit fundraising, relational selling, marketing, communications, data, and systems.
Candidate must be passionate about the Workmatters mission and its values. They must be a true advocate for faith at work and biblical leadership and be a strong culture fit with the Workmatters team.
Skills and Abilities
Candidate must have the ability to manage and execute numerous activities in a productive and efficient manner. In addition, they must:
Please submit resumes and letters of interest to David Roth, president of Workmatters, at email@example.com. Workmatters will contact selected applicants. Thank you!
David Roth Workmatters, Inc. PO Box 9376 Fayetteville, AR 72703 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org