Let me give you an example of one I made the other day. I sent an email out to our list of thousands of contacts, only to find out the next morning that I sent the email with the incorrect time and date for our event.
I know – rookie mistake.
I won’t bore you with my excuses or even the details of the important board members, executives, and team members I feared would see it, but I’m sure you can picture and even feel the cringe of failure I experienced.
The truth is, we all make mistakes – painful mistakes. So instead of giving you a bunch of tips on how to avoid them (which you can find anywhere on the Internet), here is a list of encouraging Scriptures that will help you get back on track.
- Isaiah 41:10 – Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Psalm 37:24 – Though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand.
- Proverbs 28:13 – Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.
- Isaiah 40:8 – The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.
- Romans 8:1 – There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
- 1 Peter 5:6-7 – Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
- 2 Timothy 3:16 – All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.
- James 3:2 – For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body.
- Matthew 7:1 – Judge not, that you be not judged.
- Philippians 3:13 – Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead …
I’m sure most of you can relate to and find real truth in these Scriptures. Post them where you can see them as you work, and be sure to pass them along to a co-worker or team member in need of encouragement.
We also recommend: