Have you ever felt like you were under attack at work?
You may never have experienced a physical threat or someone coming at you with actual weapons. But the workplace can be a minefield of circumstances that can threaten our self-worth, our reputation, our relationships and our livelihood. A disagreement with your boss, tension with a co-worker or an unhappy customer can at least upset your day and even go so far as to put you in fear for your job.
It’s easy to feel defeated, discouraged and even beaten up at times in our work. If we’re relying completely on our own strength and abilities to prove ourselves, get ahead and fight every battle that arises, we will eventually get worn out and may even become hopeless.
I have good news for you. It doesn’t have to be that way – ever.
As believers in Jesus Christ, you have:
- An Advocate who can help you overcome every trial and tragedy. (John 16:33)
- A Creator who never stops delivering strength, insight, wisdom and even supernatural abilities as long as you seek Him and ask for it. (James 1:5)
- A Provider who knows everything you need and will see to it that you have it. (Matthew 6:8)
- A Father who believes in you and, in fact, custom designed a perfect plan and purpose just for you. (Jeremiah 29:11)
These aren’t just nice words. This is the reality for people who invest in their relationship with Jesus Christ and take Him with them to work and into every other area of their lives.
God didn’t design us to work on our own. He designed us to work in partnership with Him, to rely on Him for strength and to turn to Him for direction. We have to do our part – take a step of faith and do our work with excellence – and let God do His part – work in the hearts of others, make wrong things right, answer prayers and make miracles happen.
If you’re facing a trial at work, if you feel like you’re under attack, or if you just feel overwhelmed by the demands and crazy deadlines, reflect on these Scriptures:
- “… Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
- “It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.” – Psalm 18:32
- “But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” – 1 Corinthians 15:57
- Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” – Matthew 19:26
- “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
- “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
Don’t handle it on your own. God gives us the ultimate victory when we’re faced with difficult, even devastating circumstances – as long as we turn to Him with faith.