Director, Workmatters Institute
At Workmatters, we believe that people who pursue God’s purpose for their work can change the world. And we want to change the world to look more like God’s kingdom. To do that, we have a big Vision: to equip one million leaders of faith across 10,000 companies by 2025.
One of our three strategic initiatives for accomplishing that Vision is the Workmatters Institute. The Institute is a three-month intensive faith and leadership development program for a small cohort of high-potential young professional leaders (ages 25-35). It is a powerful, transformative experience, and we need someone who can continue that work and bring that transformation to a larger, national audience. That’s you.
You are driving the Vision by training leaders who are hungry to grow professionally and spiritually. You are inheriting a powerful program and you’re making that program better while leading the vision to take that program to a national audience.
As the Director of the Workmatters Institute, a typical week might include the following:
- ● Coffee meetings with potential Workmatters Institute participants
- ● Preparing and facilitating a leadership development workshop
- ● Spending time with alumni in conversations to gain insight on new content ideas
- ● Collaborating with others on the team to map out new small group or course content
- ● Planning an alumni gathering
- ● Creating or updating a guide for mentor facilitation
- ● Researching the latest trends in digital learning and applying that to Workmatters
You’re good at and enjoy things like this:
- ● Teaching and facilitating discussions among high-capacity people
- ● Developing and curating content to be used in classroom, 1:1 or mass digital setting
- ● Recruitment: getting to know people and moving them to action
- ● Program management: creating an excellent experience and executing the details
- ● Setting a clear vision to scale an idea to new and different leaders
But most importantly, in whatever you are doing you are passionate about our mission to close the gap between faith and work. You live our values of Faith, Relationships, Passion, Excellence and Relevance. And you are a true advocate for faith and work and biblical leadership.
To be a good candidate, you must care deeply about developing others and be a competent front-of-room facilitator and teacher. You are a strong relationship manager and communicator with a range of leaders, from early 20’s employees to CEO’s. You are a learner, on top of the real issues and thinking on faith, work and culture. You know how to set a vision to take an idea to scale. Finally, you have initiative – you’ll get clear direction on goals and expectations, but you’ll need to make decisions and lead on how to best get there.
Workmatters Institute Fall and Spring Program Leadership: 50%
- ● Recruitment
- ● Program planning and execution
- ● Teaching and facilitation
Scaling the Workmatters Institute: 50%
- ● Develop and execute an alumni program
- ● Content creation: work with Team to concept, research, create and curate content for
WMI or other strategic initiatives
- ● Vision and product development: work with Team to develop new products or programs
that further scale the impact of WMI locally and globally
Workmatters is a non-profit, non-denominational 501(c)3 ministry focused on helping career-minded Christians discover God’s purpose for their work.
Candidates must be excited about helping leaders pursue God’s purpose for their work and aligned to the Workmatters values of Faith, Relationships, Passion, Excellence and Relevance.
This position is a full-time, salaried position.
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Performing the duties of this job will require the employee to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Ben Kirksey, VP & General Manager of Workmatters at firstname.lastname@example.org. Workmatters will contact selected applicants.